Welcome to Iris the Idiot’s Kitchen – because a feminist’s place is in the kitchen! (Wait. What?)
There are only 2.5 rules in the Palace kitchen: DELICIOUS, and SIMPLE.*
* Or, to whatever extent not simple, worth the extra trouble.
Many posts aren’t “recipes.” They’re more like… explanations.
- Introduction to my style of cooking and philosophy about food.
- Perfectly amazing hard-boiled eggs.
- Eat your vegetables, or no dessert for you. (salad suggestions)
- Great garlic bread.
- Greenmarket Happy Turkey Spicy Meatballs.
- Yankee Bocadillo.
- Watermelon salad.
- Finger Sandwiches From Hell.
- Sam Irby’s recipes I flagrantly stole right off her blog:
-nutritious, grownup ramen-type bowl.
-sausage and kale stew.
+BONUS: infused water suggestions.
- Cakeman Raven’s Red Velvet Cake.
- Spiced pecan pumpkin quick bread.
- Quick & Dirty Ice Cream & Cookie Dessert.
- Frankie’s Mom’s Ricotta Cheesecake.
- Lemon Velvet Cupcakes with candied lemon zest.
- Classic Coconut Custard Pie.
TIPS & TRIX
- How to separate the egg yolk from the egg white. (video)
- The Scientific Way to Cut a Cake – Numberphile. (video – jump to 2:10)