Recent reading.

library4Walmart heirs working to kill affordable rooftop solar power. Clawson, L., Daily Kos (Oct. 2014).

DHS raids investigative journalist; seizes confidential list of whistleblowers. Site Staff, Police State USA (Oct. 2014). (“I never in my wildest dreams thought something like that could happen in this country.”)

This Teacher Gives Money From His Own Pocket To Feed His Hungry First-Graders. Gregoire, C., Huffington Post (Sep. 2014).

US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation. 2014 Annual Report. (pdf)

Black teen in white foster home pepper-sprayed by police who mistook him for burglar. Kaufman, S., Raw Story (Oct. 2014).

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree. NASA. (“Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities.” And the other 3% are either employed by the Koch brothers or work at Jeezus-y places. -Ed.]

Germany is killing its economy – and Europe’s, too. O’Brien, M., The Washington Post (Oct. 2014). [It’s the austerity, stupid. –Ed.]

The Homeless – 39 Questions For Your Reflection. O’Connor, M., Kindness Blog (Oct. 2014).

For the Palace Quote collection:

weirdosareyourtribeWhen you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of “Me, too!” be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe. -Sweatpants&Coffee (via)

__________

NOTÍCIA: Acquisition of links and/or bon mots for the Palace Library does not imply the Palace’s 100% agreement with or endorsement of any content, organization or individual.

4 thoughts on “Recent reading.

    • Welcome to the Palace, Debra. If you can keep the god talk out of the conversation, perhaps we can find some common ground. As you can see if you poke around here, I am deeply concerned with social justice including many issues that disproportionately affect communities of color, such as private prisons, underfunded education, the school-to-prison pipeline, police practices and poverty. If you cannot, well… let’s just say that we have ways of discouraging that sort of thing around here.

      -Iris.

  1. I respect your opinion.

    No, you most certainly do not, Debra. I specifically asked you to knock it off with the god talk here, and you come right back with “God bless”? That is disrespecting my opinion. I don’t go to your website and point out how silly I think you are for believing in an invisible Sky Daddy and childish notions like an afterlife, do I? No. Then you will show me the same courtesy here, or you and your imaginary friends can go fuck right off. I have little desire to discuss and work toward common goals with those who disrespect my boundaries (and that goes for atheists as well as believers).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s